UPS Mobilizes Against Coronavirus In Collaboration With Global Customers And U.S. Agencies
- Working with global companies to transport testing kits, personal protection equipment (PPE) and medical devices needed in support of public safety and to speed diagnosis and therapy for COVID-19
FEMA, Project Airbridge, and other government agencies with supply chain and shipping services for respirators, test kits, and PPE across the U.S.
U.S.state health agencies secure needed supplies and set up testing sites at state-designated locations UPSis also working with Henry Schein, McKesson, and other valued customers to facilitate movement of PPE and other needed materials from suppliers to testing centers and distributors all over the US
- Assisting DuPont, and numerous other companies such as Uline,
Graingerand Taylor Corporation, with the logistics and transportation of supplies for drive-through test centers
- Distributing critical, life-saving medications to physician offices, health systems and veterinary clinics in support of AmerisourceBergen
- Moving new FDA approved rapid-response test kits to test sites across the country to help flatten the curve of the virus’s impact
“UPS’s dedicated people, global network and public-private partnerships are creating a powerful combination for rapid deployment of protective equipment and test kits throughout the
- State Health Agencies: Helping
U.Sstate health agencies, including California, Georgiaand Kentucky, secure and set up testing sites at select locations. Offering to support to date to other states including Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Washington, and Wisconsin. Henry Scheinis utilizing UPSto distribute and monitor personal protective equipment to medical professionals as well as drive-through testing facilities across the US. UPSis assisting McKesson by delivering PPE shipments onto military bases where military members and civilians returning from overseas are required to quarantine. UPShas also shipped PPE to pop-up testing sites on behalf of McKesson.
- DuPont: UPS Next Day Air® services and UPS® Ground shipping solutions to support the distribution of DuPont-manufactured supplies for drive-through testing centers throughout the
UPSwill ship the first 10,000 test kits today, with ongoing shipments ramping to 20,000 kits every Monday, Wednesday and Friday moving forward.
UPSwill provide distribution services for 50,000 test kits a day. LetsGetChecked is releasing a two-part test in the U.S.that offers an immediate indication, followed by a full CLIA-certified laboratory test. Frontline healthcare workers will be prioritized.
UPSis providing logistics expertise to assist Everlywell with distribution of test kits to hospitals, community clinics, nursing homes, and organizations with healthcare workers on the front lines. Test samples will be overnighted to CLIA-certified laboratories and digital results will be available in 48 hours.
- AmerisourceBergen is utilizing
UPSto support the distribution of critical, life-saving medications to physician offices, health systems and veterinary clinics so that patients can continue to receive the products – including chemotherapies, blood pressure medications and heart disease treatments – they depend on.
To hear Wes Wheeler’s and
Glenn Zaccara404-828-4663 firstname.lastname@example.org